Saturday, May 03, 2008

Dutch Gap

Last Saturday (April 16th), Todd and I went birdwatching at Dutch Gap near Henricus. I mostly bird observe and point out birds as they fly by or flutter in trees in case he misses them. He tells me what I am looking at if I don't know. He actually is the bird watcher. Just being around a bird watcher though you pick up information: e.g. bird calls. I know some and can name the bird. Some I know I know but can't quite guess the bird. Examples: I will hear a tufted titmouse saying "peter peter" or today a Eastern Pewee saying "pee a wee". (That one was sheer luck.) However, as often as I hear a Carolina Wren out my back door, I never can guess it when I am out in the parks.

I didn't get any pictures of birds last week. Instead, I have two pictures of frogs and what I believe are iris pseudacorus.




Cuth, huh.



Not a great photo...but look how many there were.

No comments: