Sunday, October 07, 2007

They Wanted My Food


The first day in Yellowstone, we hiked the north rim of the Grand Canyon. In Yellowstone, you can drive, park and walk a short distance to lookouts or platforms to amazing places...such as the Grand Canyon. Or you can find a path and walk several miles, probably alone, and get to these lookouts along with other amazing views. We were going back to our car along this trail when we stepped into a cluster of Clark's Nutcrackers. They were all feeding in the evergreens along the path. They just kept flying from tree to tree and flying right by us. I was eating trail mix at the time. I was worried they were wanting my snack instead of what they were eating in the trees. However, they did not take any thing from my hands. They are pretty birds but sound like blue jays.

2 comments:

jjtv said...

Loving your posts about Yellowstone. I had a similar vacation this summer that really made a difference in my entire year. It's always tough to keep that feeling going after you get back to work, but your blog is helping!

Tammy said...

Thanks, I am happy to see someone is reading...or at least looking at the photographs.