Friday, October 05, 2007

No Particular Order

You often see herds or harems of elk in Yellowstone. I found myself particularly found of the young one's ears.

We came upon this guy and two females while hiking the Yellowstone River Picnic Trail. He tried to scare us off by making huffing or sneezing noises. Mostly we just waited for them and took pictures while they decided to keep walking. (Todd tells me this is the second fastest land animal.) I didn't try to outrun him anyway.

This is not some lost unicorn species. This is a Pika that unfortunately has a very large tick in the middle of his forehead. I found this one particularly friendly. He kept running up to where we were standing and then back again. Both Todd and I wondered if he wanted us to remove that tick?!




1 comment:

jjtv said...

Loving your pictures. Thanks for sharing them!

Joey in Glen Allen