Thursday, October 04, 2007

Day Seven-Tammy's Vacation

I am trying to finish my vacation pictures. Todd and I spent day seven in Grand Teton National Park. Another early alarm so that we could get the morning light as it highlighted the peaks. We also did a hike around Jenny Lake, actually only 1/2 of the lake. We caught a ferry back across the lake to the parking lot. Along this hike, we were again hoping to spot some moose and took a small side jaunt from the trail in search. We hiked to Hidden Falls and Inspiration Point was another short hike from the falls. The hike to Inspiration Point was on a very rocky ledge. I was petrified going up and had to run my fingers along the left: touching the mountain to make me feel safer. Todd, who wouldn't walk along the canyon walls in Yellowstone, seemed to jog up this last stretch. I thought that I would need to scoot on my butt as we went back down the mountain. However, walking down was easier. The trail here is actually about five feet wide but it seemed very small to me when we were walking up. We didn't see moose here but this is the day we got close to the moose on the way back into Jackson and my previous post tells you what happened there.

Last day pictures:

Tetons in the morning light


Reflection in Moose Pond



The trail up to Inspiration Point


No comments: